Friday, February 7, 2014

Fall

My favorite time of year! Perfectly warm days mean lots of outdoor play and cool nights denote comfortable sleeping. Verdant lawns still grace the landscape though they need less mowing. Beautiful colors wrap nearly every tree. I feel invigorated;  eager to organize, itching to bake, hopeful for teaching. The air is crisp and fresh, skies still blue, mosquitos have packed up for the winter and scents of cinnamon fill our home. It is, in my humble opinion, the most wonderful time of year. Here are some highlights from this fall.
Brother love; I can't tell you how thrilled Drew is to have a brother. 
We went to VA with Geoff on a business trip in October. We stayed with friends and had a lot of fun trekking around their town. This was taken at a phenomenal local playground. I'm holding a couple of Monarch butterflies. It was a cool day so they were quite docile.
Here we are at the National Zoo in DC. I saw a Panda Bear for the first time-- certainly a highlight for me this year.
Our annual hayride at Stamp Farms in Exeter. We also get our pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn here.

We enjoyed apple picking again at Sunset Orchards, played and picnicked at the playground, and did lots of baking.
My wonderful hubby Geoff also celebrated his life of 40 years this October with some special friends. It was a full and fun fall for the Short family.




1 comment:

  1. Aw. Loving all these pics. I scrolled down and saw the lot of them, and enjoyed a little look back with you! Grateful for you...

    ReplyDelete